- 15 Jan 2021
• The preparation of an IP map achieves two things.
• Facilitates an IP owner undertaking a due diligence upon itself, helping to identify any gaps, wrinkles or defects, and facilitates those gaps, wrinkles or defects being fixed.
• Document that can be presented to the licensee, venture capitalist or IP
• buyer that will do its own due diligence. The IP map facilitates that due diligence,
• shortens its length, ensures that no defects are discovered, and speeds up the time that it takes to do the deal.
• Joint Ownership - In the short term, it seems to be fair and just, as it gives both parties the right to decide and how intellectual property should be exploited. In the longer term, joint ownership has many disadvantages, particularly if there are multiple owners with different objectives.